Sentencing Set for Fremont Man Accused of Choking Toddler

FREMONT (AP) - Sentencing has been scheduled in November for a Fremont man accused of choking his girlfriend's toddler son.  24-year-old David Hill Jr. pleaded no contest on Monday to one felony count of negligent child abuse. Prosecutors had lowered the charge and dropped another that alleged strangulation, in exchange for Hill's plea. The incident occurred on April 28. Prosecutors say Hill told his girlfriend that he'd been using a bathroom when he heard a thump. Hill told her he soon found the boy on the floor, out of his crib, with blood around his mouth. When she took the 19-month-old boy to a hospital the next day, doctors concluded the boy had been choked. Hill is scheduled to be sentenced on Nov. 18.