Norfolk Firefighters Respond to Eisenhower Ave. Blaze
NORFOLK - Norfolk firefighters spent a portion of Tuesday morning’s early hours battling a chimney fire on the northeastern edge of Norfolk. The Norfolk Fire Division got the call at a little before 2:15 Tuesday morning reporting the fire at the home of Mark Winkelbauer at 203 East Eisenhower Avenue. Fire Inspector Dan Nelson says first-arriving crews saw flames and sparks coming from the chimney, which originated from a wood-burning stove in the basement. Crews encountered smoke on the second floor and attic areas, but the fire was limited to the chimney. Nelson reports that it took eight firefighters and three rigs 40 minutes to control the blaze. There was approximately $2,000 in damages to the property and contents No firefighters or civilians were injured.