Norfolk Firefighters Extinguish Air-Controlling Unit Blaze at The City Scooter Store
NORFOLK - Norfolk Firefighters spent Saturday’s early evening hours fighting a blaze at the City Scooter Store off the Highway 275 Bypass. Office Max employees were the first to notice fire coming from the store at 2125 ½ Krenzien Drive. When firefighters arrived, they noticed smoke and flames coming from the top of the building and later discovered a roof-mounted air-handling unit on fire. Firefighters quickly extinguished it. Norfolk Fire Captain Lyle Lutt says it took about an hour for firefighters to control the fire and get the heating equipment for the building back on-line. Lutt says the cause of the fire appears to be a wind-damaged natural gas line that feeds the unit. Norfolk Rock Max of Omaha owns the property. Lutt says all damage was contained to the air-handling unit. The Norfolk Police Division, NPPD and Black Hills Energy assisted the Norfolk Fire Division. There were not injuries.