Norfolk Firefighers Respond to Electrical Fire

NORFOLK - Norfolk firefighters spent part of Saturday morning extinguishing a an electrical fire.  The firefighters were dispatched to 903 North 2nd Street at around 10 a.m.  First arriving units to 903 N. 2nd Street in Norfolk noticed light smoke coming from the outside attic vent.    Firefighters breeched the ceiling to gain access to the smoldering insulation in the attic and later removed it.  Crews discovered moderate damage to the attic structure and heavy damage to the electrical system.  It took firefighters 15 minutes ensure the fire was completely out.  The cause of the fire was electrical in nature.  Melody Salas lives in the home which is owned by Sharon Cole of Elkhorn.  The Norfolk Police Division, Nebraska Public Power District and the Salvation Army assisted the Norfolk Fire Division.  There were no injuries.