Norfolk Fire Marshal Cautions Space-Heater Use

NORFOLK - Many area citizens rely on space heaters to keep their homes and businesses comfortable, but at least four fires in the last two weeks in Nebraska have been blamed on the devices.  Norfolk City Fire Marshal Terry Zwiebel says it's important to keep space heaters at least three feet from any kind of combustible material.  Zwibel says space heaters should be clean and in good condition.  And he says it's never a good idea to use an extension cord with a space heater.  If you must, it should be heavy-duty and only as long as needed to reach the outlet.  Zwiebel also says space heaters should be unplugged whenever they're not in use, and they should never be unattended.   

On Air

Weekend Programming
12am - 12pm
2pm - 12am

Read Today's Radio Review

Get All of Your Sports News