Fire at Tony's Blamed on Space Heater

STANTON - The Nebraska State Fire Marshal has determined that the fire that gutted Tony’s Steakhouse east of Norfolk Sunday night was caused by material placed too close to a space heater. That’s according to Dallas Hinnerichs, chief of the Stanton Volunteer Fire Department. His crews were called to Tony’s just before 11 Sunday night. They were assisted by the Pilger Volunteer Fire Department. Hinnerichs says the exterior of the building is salvageable, but he believes the interior will have to be gutted. He says the cold temperatures Sunday night and early Monday morning hindered efforts to fight the fire, freezing fire hoses.

On Air

Weekend Programming
12am - 12pm
2pm - 12am

Read Today's Radio Review

Get All of Your Sports News