Emergency haying and grazing approved

A sure sign that it is dry in eastern Nebraska is the release of CRP ground in the area for emergency haying and grazing.  Among the counties where CRP has been released are Antelope, Boone, Cedar, Cuming, Madison, Pierce, Platte and Stanton. Producers interested in taking part of the option need to first contact their county FSA office. Landowners may lease their CRP ground to qualified livestock producers for emergency haying and grazing, but they cannot charge more than the reduction in rental rates.  Grazing is at 75 percent of the NRCS rate, or 25-percent of the CRP acreage needs to be fenced off and not grazed.  Emergency haying must be completed by August 31st, with all bales removed from CRP land by October 15. Grazing must stop no later than September 30th. On October 1st, producers must report the acres that were hayed or grazed.



On Air

Weekend Programming
12am - 6pm
11pm - 12am

Read Today's Radio Review

Get All of Your Sports News