Burn Barrel Leds To Shed; Grass Fire

NORFOLK - An unattended burn barrel is the cause of a fire over the weekend that destroyed a shed and caused a grass fire. Norfolk Fire Division Rescue Coordinator Lyle Lutt says firefighters were dispatched to 84055 560th Avenue around 2:15 Saturday afternoon. Dry conditions and winds contributed to the fire. He says it took about 30 firefighters, including those from Stanton Volunteer Fire Department, an hour to get the fire under control and another hour to overhaul and investigate the incident. Damage to the building is estimated at $5,000 dollars. Lutt advises area residents there is a "burn ban" in effect until rain falls in the region.